The Failed Adventure (Cove)

After weeks of discussing, my family finally managed to unanimously agree on a date to go to Adventure Cove at Sentosa. Have you seen the pictures there? The rides looked awesome! We even managed to get discounts so how can we resist?

Everything was perfectly planned.

While Shibly went to his Saturday morning class, the rest of us got ready and packed our bags. By the time, he finished his class, we ate breakfast together and off we went to Sentosa.

For the first time, bro’s car was the first to arrive instead of my BIL’s so the smokers had their smoke break and the kids had their play time warm up.

The sun was bright and shiny and when we arrived at Adventure Cove, it was not as crowded as I thought. It was quite tolerable. The parents dressed the kids first and yup, as expected, they can’t wait to dip in, leaving half of the group struggling with keep the bags in the locker.

The first ride was the wadding river which was AWESOME! It had themed sections so it made the ride more interesting and fun.

Unfortunately, my bro and family had a head start because of impatient Syihab so we didn’t manage to get shots of them. =(

Anyways, we were almost done with the ride when it started to RAIN!! It was a drizzle at first and it started to rain HEAVILY, no joke!

For safety reasons, we were asked to leave the ride and that also means all rides in the park will be closed too!! OMG! That was definitely a downer.

I tried to make the best of it by making sandcastles and encourage everyone to play in the rain. Lol Then what? Wait out in the cold? After just entering the park for 30-45 minutes?

We also decided to explore in the rain and hopefully manage to find my long lost bro and his family and lo and behold, we found them, seeking shelter, cold, along with other visitors. We shouted and whistled for them and insisted we just play in the rain. And played we did.

Unfortunately, it was raining so heavily that the Go Pro Hero’s lens was heavily marked by raindrops so most pictures were blurred. It was the first time the kids get to play in the rain and it was fascinating for them especially Syihab who was just sitting there, smiling sweetly and stuck out his tiny red tongue at the side of his mouth to taste the rain. It was cuteness overload.

I remember growing up playing in the rain too. We must let kids do that once in a while. It was fun and liberating.

At one point, the rain subsided so we started to queue to one of the rides and it was really a big teaser. The ride was already opened and we were probably next after 4 -5 pairs of people and it started to RAIN AGAIN! DAMMIT! So the closed the ride again and we had to wait outside!

Naturally everyone started to feel exasperated and not to mention hungry. I tried very hard to be optimistic but it was 45mins to 6pm (closing time) and there is no point waiting any longer so we decided to head to the showers.

Taking a shower and changing was frustrating too. There were limited number of showers (Public swimming pools has more shower rooms) so we ended up just changing and decided to shower thoroughly at home.

Hungry, we went to the nearest restaurant we know which was Breeks at VivoCity. At this point, mom was starting to feel sick again, majority was tired as if we had took all the rides and Shibly was fast asleep.

Food was okay only and we headed home; disappointed.

Adventure Cove, we shall not quit, we will be back!! *waving fists*


No comments