Not So Fantastic Start but...

Despite 1st December being good; Jhon and I went to 2 museum exhibits at the Arts and Science Museum at Marina Bay Sands (more on that on the next post) and went out with Mom to buy Abg Jamil a birthday gift, the rest of the first week of December was not so fantastic.

On 2nd December, while relaxing just before noon, a received a call that my maternal grandpa has passed away. Everyone was away either at their in-laws or at Johor and I was home alone. Talk about chaotic but everything went well. Late granda was buried after 5pm and we managed to visit late grandma and Nadia's grave.

I got 2 days compassionate leave which I needed but just it was Wednesday, I got the flu and throat infection. Mucus was yellow. Ewww.. I was in bed for 2 days and only went back to work on Friday.
Even as I typed this, I am not 100% well as my nose gets crazy stuck to a point I have sleepless nights.

A week has passed and there was "Tahlil" (prayer) at late grandpa's place. Yet again, everything went well and there was even family announcements etc. One of my younger cousins is getting married towards the end of the month and everyone had a "speech" about trying to tighten our family ties even further especially now that both maternal grandparents are gone.

After that, we were supposed to go to a wedding but that got dramatic. -_-

But the rest of the day went crazy spontaneous which was awesome!!

Imagine 6 adults and 3 kids all in a car. lol  The main idea was to head straight home but somehow we kept making spontaneous decisions here and there.

First pit stop was McDonalds drive through to feed the kids and Mom said perhaps we should go to a nearby park for her to release stress and let the kids run wild.

And so we did.

Pity Syihab the cranky boy of the day had to miss the fun.
Then we went for a durian hunt which itself was full of commotion in a good way. We ended up buying 20 durians, 5kg of duku langsat and 2kg of mangosteens. lol

We were almost home when I mentioned that I feel like eating Mee Soto and I supposed everyone was in a fantastic mood, we actually bypassed my house and headed to Bedok to buy Mee Soto, Mee Rebus and Nasi Ayam. lol


Everyone was happy and we spent the rest of the day, eating yummy food and fruits while watching 'Wujud', a ghost show. I simply love today because it is so rare for us to go out like this. I don't mind being squeezed and had to sit in an awkward position to relive this moment again.


No comments